The Toy Land Express
- Shoe Boxes (2 with lids)
- Toilet roll tube
- Match boxes
- Egg box
- Split pins
- Cotton wool
- Pair of scissors
- Felt tipped pens
- Engine: Take the shoe box with the lid. Glue on smaller boxes to form the cabin.
- Insert a toilet roll tube in the lid for a funnel - push cotton wool into the tube to represent smoke.
- Stick on 2 egg box sections as head lamps.
- Caboose: Using the other shoe box (with lid), cut out windows on both sides.
- Use other shoe boxes (without lids) or make other carriages using cardboard.
- Now paint the engine, caboose and other carriages.
- Draw and cut out enough wheels for the train. Color or paint these.
- Attach the wheels to the train using split pins.
- Prepare a small hole at the front and back of each coach.
- Join coaches together by threading string from one box to the other - making knots on the side of each box.
Toilet Paper Roll Train
- Empty toilet paper roll
- Black paper or paint
- Small empty box
- Milk bottle tops
- White cotton wool
- Square or oblong sweets.
- Fill the toilet roll with confectionery and cover the roll with black paper or paint.
- Cover a small box with black paper or paint and glue it to the one end of the roll.
- Use milk bottle tops for the train wheels and cork for the smoke stack.
- A piece of cotton wool on the cork will look like smoke.
- Use small square or oblong sweets for the windows.