Thanksgiving T Shirt Crafts
Creating thanksgiving T shirt crafts can be a fun tradition for any family. This is also a wonderful option to keep the kids busy while you are cooking thanksgiving dinner.
You may also choose to look for thanksgiving graphic online and then print it out on transfer paper (available at most craft stores) to make your own custom shirts for thanksgiving dinner. All you have to do is print and then use a warm iron to transfer your image to your t-shirt permanently. It couldn't be easier! Though we prefer getting a little messy and doing the craft below. Below you will find a fun craft project that is perfect for young children. So have fun and enjoy these thanksgiving T-shirt crafts!
- A tee shirt- these are so fun that you will want to make one for every member of your family the size of the child that you're making it for.
- Fabric paints (the more colors the better)
- Paper plates or better yet tin pie plate
- Piece of cardboard or something else to protect your table- like a cutting board
- Pre wash the shirt, and then dry.
- Place a piece of cardboard between the front and back of the shirt for support. You can also use a plastic or wooden cutting board if you can't find any cardboard.
- Pour paint into pie plate or paper plates.
- Clean your child's hand. Here's the messy part --place your child's hand in the paint. The kids will love the way that it feels.
- Take the hand and place on the shirt so that the fingers are partially flared, like feathers of a turkey.
- You can repeat the pattern of turkeys all over the shirt.
- If you like, after the shirt has dried, you can use fabric paint in a tube to outline and decorate the turkeys on the shirt.
- Also your child, with help from you, can write their name on the shirt with the date.
- Note: For added fun make this a holiday tradition for many years to come. They will enjoy comparing the size of the t-shirts and hand prints against the ones taken from previous years.
- For another twist: make one shirt for a special family member that couldn't make it to thanksgiving dinner.
- Have each family member put their turkey print on the shirt and don't forget to put names and the date on it somewhere so that they can treasure it always.
Enjoy Creating this thanksgiving T shirt crafts!
Back from Thanksgiving T Shirt Crafts to Thanksgiving Crafts
Back from Thanksgiving T Shirt Crafts to New Kids Crafts Homepage