Thanksgiving Placemat Crafts
Thanksgiving placemat crafts are a great idea especially when they are personalised. They are easy to make and your kids will really enjoy making them. These thanksgiving placemat crafts can be done as complex or as simple as you want them, so use your imagine and start creating
- Construction Paper
- Clear Contact Paper
- Cut a large cornucopia (cone-like) shape out of brown construction paper.
- Cut a large circle out of a different shade of brown paper or use yellow or orange.
- You want to circle big enough to glue over the end of the cone.
- Glue your cornucopia shape onto the left hand side of a large piece of paper (either white or a contrasting color). This will be the base for your placemat.
- Glue the circle shape onto the paper covering the end of your cornucoppia.
- Now, the hardest part is done!
- Now page through magazines and find pictures of food. A traditional cornucopia is filled with fruits and vegetables that you harvest.
- Since this is your creation, you can also fill it with whatever foods you like.
- Cut the pictures of food out of magazines and glue them into the circle of your cornucopia.
- You can also have them "spilling" out of the right side onto the paper.
- Once you have all your food glued into your cornucopia and the glue is dried, cover both sides of your new placemat with clear contact paper.
- It will last for many meals to come!
- 2 large (12" x 16") sheets of colored paper (tan and orange)
- About a 2' length of 16" clear self-stick plastic
- Assorted markers
- Fabric scraps
- Pieces of colored paper
- Cut tan paper in a half-circle about 16" wide and 12" high, and an orange version an inch smaller all around.
- Snip edges to form pointed borders and glue together as shown.
- Cut turkey parts and pumpkin from cloth and paper, glue to mat, then decorate with markers.
- Sandwich mat between 2 pieces of plastic, smooth carefully and cut away excess plastic, leaving an even edge.
- Large sheet of construction paper
- Construction paper to cut out dinner items
- White craft glue or a glue stick
- Magic markers
- Laminate to cover the placemat when it's finished
- First decide the spot to place the dinner items. You might want to gently sketch or mark where this will be on the large piece of construction paper.
- Draw the items to be included on the placemat and cut them out.
- Then glue them to the large sheet of construction paper.
- Do any writing or any other decorating. Like the drawings of some of your favorite people who might attend the dinner, the date, the name and so forth.
- When all these are done laminate them on the placemat.
Back from Thanksgiving Placemat Crafts to Thanksgiving Crafts
Back from Thanksgiving Placemat Crafts to New Kids Crafts Homepage