Skeleton Crafts For Halloween
Skeleton crafts for Halloween are so much fun to do. Skeletons made from pipecleaners and Styrofoam balls are an inexpensive way to decorate your home for Halloween. Once made they can be hung many places in your home, school or office such as from a ceiling fan, plant, doorknob or ceiling.
Skeleton Crafts For Halloween 1 - Skeleton
- Elastic thread
- New pencil with eraser
- Black acrylic paint
- 2" Styrofoam ball
- Two white pipe cleaners
- Screw eye
Skeleton Crafts For Halloween Instructions:
- Take one of the Styrofoam balls to sculpt the face of the skeleton. Press on either side of the area where you want the nose to be to form a ridge, using your two thumbs. Do the same underneath the nose to form nostril holes.
- To create the eyes of your skeleton use the new eraser end of the pencil to make 2 indentations by pushing the eraser into the Styrofoam.
- Now use the lead end of the pencil to create a mouth under the nose and make nostrils in the bottom of the nose.
- Dip the screw end of a screw eye into white glue and insert in the top of the skeleton head (sculpted Styrofoam ball).
- Now cut the pipe cleaners into the following lengths:
1 x 4” long for body
2 x 6” long for legs
2 x 6” long for arms
- Attach body pipe cleaner to bottom of head by inserting body pipe cleaner into bottom of head (½ inch) with white glue. Leave to dry.
- Now attach arms and legs by wrapping them securely around the appropriate place on body. See picture. Bend arms and feet ½ inch from end of appendage)
- Use a fine liner paintbrush and black acrylic paint to paint the groove you carved as a mouth and paint the nostril holes. Use the black paint; paint the indents you made for eyes. You may want to use a thicker brush for this.
- Finally tie a piece of elastic thread to the screw eye and hang your Skeleton crafts for Halloween up somewhere.
- Enjoy these Skeleton Crafts For Halloween.
Back from Skeleton Crafts For Halloween to Halloween Crafts
Back from Skeleton Crafts For Halloween to New Kids Crafts Homepage