Sailboat Crafts For Kids
Try one of these sailboat crafts for kids. These boats are colorful and fun to make. Kids can spend hours playing with them. It's a whole afternoon activity.
- Walnut shells
- Poster paint
- Pair of scissors
- Paint the walnut shell. This will be the vessel.
- Cut out a small rectangle of fabric. This will act as the mast.
- Paint the toothpick in another color.
- Attach the fabric to the toothpick, using a little glue.
- Place plasticine inside the walnut shell and press down gently.
- Stick the painted toothpick mast into the plasticine.
- Now for the maiden voyage - Bon Voyage.
Sailboat Crafts for kids 2 - HoverCraft
- Old CD Balloon
- Expoxy Glue/Hotmelt Glue - to stick plastic to the CD (ask your Dad)
- Top of sportsdrink bottle
- Smooth table top
- Mouse (optional)
- Take the sportsdrink bottle top and glue it to an old CD - make sure that the valve/spout is placed directly over the hole in the middle of the CD;
- If you're using Epoxy Glue let it dry for two hours if you're using Hotmelt Glue roundabout 5 minutes should do.
- Twist balloon and place over valve - be careful not to let any air out
- Untwist balloon so that there is an open passage to the valve;
- Place on smooth surface such as a table top. Make sure mouse or mice have seatbelt on (optional step)
- Now you are ready to go .................................... .Open the valve by pulling it up
- The air will flow through the valve and under the CD
- Give it a tap and see it go
- High pressure air from the balloon flows under the CD making an air cusion also known as a air bearing, for the hovercraft to float on with little friction.
Return from Sailboat Crafts For Kids to Craft Projects For Kids
Return from Sailboat Crafts For Kids to New Kids Crafts Homepage