Preschool Bible Crafts
Baby Jesus In The Manger
These preschool bible crafts are ideal for Christmas time, after the children have learned about the birth of Jesus. Download the template and let the children complete the baby Jesus in the manger craft.
- Pair of scissors
- Black felt pen, thin tip
- Red felt pen, thin tip
- Template of the manger
- Brown cardboard (lightweight) or brown construction paper
- Raffia or straw or beige yarn
- An egg carton
- White glue
- White toilet paper
Method for This Preschool Bible Crafts:
- An adult should trace the template of the manger onto the brown cardboard or construction paper.
- Then the child cuts it out.
- Or, staple it to the brown cardboard, cut it out, and then remove the template.
- Bend down the legs of the manger where the dashes are.
- Bend up the sides of the manger where the dots are.
- Cut 2 sections out of the egg carton. This will be Baby Jesus.
- Draw a face and hair on Baby Jesus with the red and black felt pens.
- Get a long strip of toilet paper and wrap Baby Jesus in swaddling clothes.
- Brush some white glue onto the bed of the manger.
- Put some raffia, straw, or 6" strips of yarn on the glue.
- Place Baby Jesus in the manger.
- Take some raffia or straw or 6" pieces of yarn and surround Baby Jesus with them.
- Doll craft clothespins -small
- Wiggle Eyes - small
- Tissue Paper 2 to 3 colors (cut in 4" x 4" squares)
- Colored construction paper cut in 5" x 1/8" strips
- Acrylic paints
- Glue gun or fast-drying craft glue
- Small crochet hook or chop stick (to curl the paper for the antennae)
Paint the clothespins and allow an hour or more to dry.
- Cut 2 or 3 different colors of tissue paper in 4" x 4" squares.
- Lay them on top of one another and pinch them in the middle. It will look like a bow.
- Slide the pinched tissue paper into the clothespin. You don't need to glue it. It is tight enough that it will stay on its own.
- For the antennae use a quilling technique.
- Take the small strip of construction paper and fold it in half.
- Take a thin chop stick or crochet hook and curl the end of one side around and hold it for about thirty seconds.
- Do the same to the other end. If it does not curl enough, re-wrap it and hold it a bit longer.
Return from Preschool Bible Crafts to Preschool Crafts
Return from Preschool Bible Crafts to New Kids Crafts Homepage