These pinecone crafts are fun to do and are easy to make. Graba pine cone and start crafting.
Pine Cone Bird Feeder
Attract new birds to your garden by making a pine cone bird feeder.
- A large pine cone
- Piping bag
- Peanut butter
- Plastic bag
- Pair of scissors
- Bite size bits for birds to eat ( nuts, dried fruit, cheese, oats or anything else that birds would like)
- Fill the plastic bag with the peanut butter.
- Now cut a small hole in one of the corners.
- Pipe the peanut butter into all the nooks and crannies of the pine cone.
- The peanut butter will help cement all the bits and pieces that you are going to use to feed the birds.
- Make sure that each scale has a little peanut butter on it.
- Now cut up all the nuts, dried fruit, cheese etc into very small pieces.
- Stick the bite size bits for the birds in between the scales.
- Make sure they are cemented firmly in the peanut butter and fill all the layers of the cone.
- Secure some string at the top of the cone to hang it up.
Pinecone Crafts 2 - Pine Cone Table Decoration
These pinecone crafts makes the perfect Easter or Christmas table decorations. By replacing the chick and eggs with Santa's and nut's, you can make a delightful Christmas decoration.
- A large pine cone - washed and dried
- 225g (8oz) chocolate buttons covered with "hundreds and thousands"
- 150g (6oz) miniature Easter eggs - chocolate or candy
- 1 pretty dish
- Model clay
- Make sure the cone is clean and dry.
- Roll a large piece of model clay in the palm of your hands.
- Once it is warm and soft, press it firmly into the middle of the dish.
- Now gently press the cone down onto the clay.
- Make sure that it stand firmly, upright.
- Starting from the bottom of the cone, place chocolate buttons in each alternate scale.
- Work your way to the top. You will find that the buttons fit perfectly inside the scales.
- Stand a decorative chicken into the clay and fill the rest of the dish with Easter eggs and candy.
- Store in a very cool place until needed.
Return from Pinecone Crafts to Craft Projects For Kids
Return from Pinecone Crafts to New Kids Crafts Homepage