Philippines Kids Crafts
These Philippines kids crafts helps your child learn about a new country or culture. The first one is about creating a doll that is very popular in the Philippine culture, while the second craft has to do with using the colors of the Philippine flag. The third is another variation on the Philippine flag.
If you are looking for even more ideas, try to incorporate the colors of the flag (red, green, and blue) into other craft ideas. Perhaps paint a picture, or decorate a bean bag doll in the native colors.
The key is to get your child engaged in learning about the Philippine culture and customs. So encourage your child to read up on the Philippines before starting these projects and enjoy!
- Poster board or cardboard
- Paper napkins (with print)
- Striped paper, or paper with stripes painted or colored on
- Black felt-tip pen
- Draw and cut out the basic figure of the doll.
- Color hair and draw face.
- Cut collar piece from napkin, using the pattern shown.
- Cut rectangles from the napkins for the sleeves, and fold in half over the figure's arms.
- Wrap striped fabric around for the patadyong, or skirt.
Philippines Kids Crafts 2 - Philippine Flag Tote
- White or natural color tote
- Fern or palm frond stamp
- Fabric paint in red, green, and blue
- Flat brush
- Wax paper
- Cardboard to fit inside tote
- Masking tape
- Water basin and palette paper, paper towel
- Cover the cardboard with wax paper and tape into place.
- Insert this into the tote to keep paint from flowing through to mark the other side of the tote.
- Tape off 2 rectangular shapes.
- Using the brush, paint one Primary Red and the other with True Blue.
- Use the brush to carefully paint over the stamp with Light Green.
- Press this down onto the dried background.
- Repeat to create a random pattern.
Philippine Construction Paper Flag
- Red, green, and blue construction paper
- Have your child look online to find out what the Philippine flag looks like- if they don't already know.
- Then cut up pieces of construction paper to be able to construct a flag.
- Then have your child piece and glue them together to create a construction paper replica of the Philippine flag.
- Enjoy these Philippines kids crafts!
Return from Philippines Kids Crafts to Craft Projects For Kids
Return from Philippines Kids Crafts to New Kids Crafts Homepage