Make Irish Crafts
Are you looking for instructions on how to make Irish crafts? Then these fun crafts should be right up your alley. Make a leprechaun chip bowl, coin barrettes and a leprechaun trap. They include step by step instructions on how to make Irish crafts with your kids. Enjoy!
Leprechaun Chip Bowl
- 1/2 gallon Round ice cream container, clean and dry (you do not need the lid)
- 2 or 3 sheets of Green construction paper
- 1 sheet of Yellow or Gray construction paper
- 1 sheet of Black construction paper
- Double stick tape
- Large circular object (however wide the construction paper is)
- Trace around the large circular object on the green construction paper with the pen.
- Use the double stick tape to adhere the circle to the bottom of the ice cream container.
- Cut a piece of green construction paper to fit around the container. You may need two pieces of construction paper or be able to piece them together.
- Use the double stick tape to adhere the construction paper around the container.
- Cut a strip about 2" wide out of the black construction paper.
- Cut a 4" square out of the gray or yellow construction paper.
- Cut a rectangle in the middle of the gray construction paper about 1 1/4" x 2".
- Discard the little piece of construction paper.
- Hint: Fold the square into fourths and cut a square out of the middle of the folded area. Open up the square.
- Check positioning of the black band by laying it around the hat about an inch above the brim.
- Cut off any excess construction paper where it meets in the back.
- Lay the gray or yellow (buckle) over the black band as shown in the photograph.
- Once the layout is satisfactory, tape in place.
- Add green tortilla chips, if available, and get ready for your feast.
- New (or shiny pennies)
- Store bought barrette (the kind sold in craft stores)
- Gather shiny pennies. Enough to complete the project.
- Arrange pennies as you want them to be on barrette and glue them in place one by one.
- Allow 24 hours for drying time for most glues.
- Shoe box (do not need lid)
- Aluminum foil
- Tape, optional
- Green felt, craft foam, or paper
- Shamrock stickers, optional
- Stick about twice the depth of the box.
- Cover a shoe box with aluminum foil using glue or tape to hold it in place.
- Cut shamrocks out of felt, foam, paper, or use stickers to decorate.
- Glue the shamrocks, if not using stickers, to the box.
- The night before St. Patty's Day, put a stick under the box and leave it out by your front door.
- If a leprechaun stops by, he'll leave a surprise for you!
- Leave some green candies or a few shiny pennies when the kids are sleeping!
Return from Make Irish Crafts to Craft Projects For Kids
Return from Make Irish Crafts to New Kids Crafts Homepage