Kids Christian T Shirt Crafts
Here are wonderful ideas on how to make kids Christian T shirt crafts. Once made, this mosaic T-shirt can be worn as a one of a kind T-shirt.
Adult supervision is required for this craft.
- Cotton T-shirt
- Fabric paint
- Small, sharp knife
- Plastic bag
- Greaseproof or tracing paper
- Draw a design onto the cotton T-shirt with a pencil.
- A simple yet bold design works best.
- A cross, fish, praying hands or even a memory verse are a few examples.
- Place a plastic bag inside the T-shirt to protect the back.
- Place the fabric paint that you can buy from craft shops into shallow containers.
- Cut the tip off the carrot using a small sharp knife.
- You can cut the carrot tip square, circular or triangular.
- Ask an adult for help with this task.
- Dip the tip of the carrot into the paint.
- Start printing your design on with the carrot stamper.
- Clean the carrot tip between each color, or have a few different carrot stampers.
- Once the mosaic print has dried, place a sheet of greaseproof or tracing paper over the design and iron lightly to fix the color.
- Ask an adult to do the ironing for you.
- Enjoy wearing your one of a kind T-shirt.
Kids Christian T Shirt Crafts 2 - Transfers On T-shirts
Transfer Crayons are a favorite of kids. These unique crayons are used like normal Crayons. Draw a cross onto heavy, non-gloss drawing paper and then ironed it on like a traditional transfer. One of the advantages is the design can be recolored and then ironed onto another shirt as many times as you wish. Adult supervision is required.
note: always use light colored T shirts and transfers come out mirror images so be careful.
Kids Christian T Shirt Crafts 3 - Rhinestone T- Shirts Especially for the Girls
Create a design such as a cross or a scripture. Now glue onto a plain t-shirt all the rhinestones as needed. Use standard flat back rhinestones and place rhinestone glue onto the back of these and directly onto your design.
Kids Christian T Shirt Crafts 4 - Youth Group T-Shirt
Making matching youth group t-shirts for a special Christian youth activity or event serves as a team building activity as well as a fun teen craft project. Plan the t-shirt activity with the group so that they have a buy in on the shirt design. Decisions will need to be made about color, theme, to tie dye or leave the shirts plain.
Tie die white t-shirts by twisting, knotting and putting rubber bands around several parts of the T shirt. Place the shirts in a big bath of water and color dye, carefully following the instructions on the dye package. Be sure to have enough color dye for all the shirts. The longer time the shirts sit in the dye, the deeper the color will be. After dying the shirt, undo the knots and take off the rubber bands. Let the shirt dry. Now wash the shirts in a solution of water and vinegarmay prevent some fading.
Return from Kids Christian T Shirt Crafts to Bible Crafts
Return from Kids Christian T Shirt Crafts to New Kids Crafts Homepage