Kid Holiday Crafts And Game
Holiday Letter Blocks
Kid holiday crafts and game are perfect for your crafting arsenal especially when you just want one craft that will work for several different holidays.
You can do these kid holiday crafts and games or Christmas, thanksgiving, valentines day, etc with little or no alteration. Enjoy!
- Wooden blocks (1")
- White craft paint
- Paint brush
- Pen or pencil
- Alphabet stencil
- Small holiday stencils
- Paint pens or permanent markers
- Hot glue or wood glue
- Coat blocks with white paint.
- Let dry. This make take 2-3 coats to cover blocks completely.
- Write down the holidays that you wish to use on paper.
- Count the letters to find out how many blocks you will need for the longest holiday "name".
- Using hot glue or wood glue, adhere the number of blocks required for the longest holiday "name".
- Using the stencils and paint pens or markers, add your holiday greetings to the blocks.
- When your holiday name is shorter than the number of blocks that you have glued together, use holiday "decorations" to dress up the blank blocks.
- Stack your blocks or put them side-by-side and rotate them as the holidays change.
Holiday Coasters- for any season
- Graphics software (Avery Kids Printertainment works well)
- Color printer
- Avery Kids #03111 Square Stickers
- Photos, optional
- Scanner, digital camera, or other means to import a photo into graphics software, optional
- Con-Tact Paper
- Scissors or craft knife
- Open the graphics software and choose Avery Kids #03111 Square Stickers as the format.
- Design the coaster to match the celebration that you are having.
- Add photos to the coasters if you would like a personalized coaster for each guest.
- Print out the stickers, and let dry.
- Peel off stickers, and apply to cardboard.
- Apply Con-Tact paper on the top and the bottom of the coasters.
- Be sure to leave enough Con-Tact paper around the coaster to seal it from spills.
- Set out and enjoy the compliments.
Holiday Ornament- for any season
- 10 (3") Styrofoam balls
- 1 yard lace or ribbon
- 6 sq. yards holiday fabric (or any variety)
- Cut fabric into 1" squares with pinking shears.
- Place the back end of the small paintbrush into the center of one 1" fabric square.
- Force center of fabric into the Styrofoam ball until fabric catches in the styrofoam.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until Styrofoam ball is covered completely.
- Accent styrofoam ball with 2" pieces of lace/ribbon.
- Make loop of lace/ribbon and insert into Styrofoam ball with pin.
- Repeat steps 2 through 6 for each of the Styrofoam balls.
Back from Kid Holiday Crafts And Game to Christmas Crafts
Back from Kid Holiday Crafts And Game to New Kids Crafts Homepage