Hey Diddle Diddle Crafts
These hey diddle diddle crafts helps teach the children's nursery rhyme in a fun way for preschoolers. They will color pictures from the rhyme and color and cut out a cow who will jump over the moon!
Hey Diddle Diddle Craft
"Hey, Diddle, Diddle, the cat and the fiddle, The cow jumped over the moon. The little dog laughed to see such sport and the dish ran away with the spoon."
- Two templates: the rhyme pictures and the cow
- One tongue depressor
- Light cardboard
- Craft knife
- Color the rhyme picture template.
- Cut out the cow and glue it onto light cardboard cut in the same shape.
- Tape a tongue depressor to the back of the cow.
- Glue the rhyme picture template to light cardboard to reinforce it.
- Cut on the dotted line on the rhyme picture template. (An adult should do this using the craft knife.)
- Place the tongue depressor behind the rhyme picture page in the slit and use it to make the cow jump over the moon!
Hey Diddle Diddle Crafts 2 - Dairy Cow Paper Craft
This is a simple cut and paste paper craft for use with the nursery rhyme. Hey, Diddle, Diddle or for a farm theme
- One paper plate per cow
- Color and cut out the template pieces. The young child may need some help.
- Glue the cow together like this:
- Legs onto the bottom of the paper plate. The square part goes behind the plate.
- Arms onto the sides of the body so it looks like he has his hooves on his hips. The square part goes behind the paper plate.
- Color the hooves on the paper plate.
- Head onto the paper plate, with the square part behind the plate.
- Add black splotches to the legs and the paper plate.
Peter Pumpkin Eater
- White glue or rubber cement
- An adult should cut the slit in the pumpkin.
- Glue Peter's wife in the pumpkin.
- “Peter, Peter, pumpkin eater, had a wife and couldn't keep her. He put her in a pumpkin shell and there he kept her very well."
- Repeat the rhyme a few times.
Return from hey diddle diddle crafts to Preschool Crafts
Return from hey diddle diddle crafts to New Kids Crafts Homepage