Help Make Kids Valentines Crafts
Help make kids valentines crafts and build lasting memories. One of the great things about crafts is the quality time that parent and child get to spend putting them together. This craft needs a little bit of adult help- which makes it perfect!
- ¼ yard of fabric of your choice
- Thread in a coordinating color to your fabric
- Cotton batting
- Straight pins
- Lace (optional)
- Ribbon (optional)
- Lay your fabric down flat on your work surface.
- Fold over one time, then fold over one more time in the same direction so that the fabric is now doubled up.
- Using a pair of scissors or pinking shears, starting from one side of the fabric cut out half of a heart shape so that when you open your fabric you should have two equally sized hearts.
- Lay your two hearts so that the right sides are facing each other, wrong side of the fabric should be facing out.
- Use straight pins to secure the two pieces of fabric together, lining the pins around the edge of the fabric, about three-quarter inch in from the edge. This will secure your fabric but not be in the way of where you need to sew.
- Begin at the bottom of the heart and stitch evenly around the edge, about one-quarter inch in from the edge.
- Stitch all the way around the heart until you have almost completely closed it.
- Leave approximately one-and-a-half to two inches open but do not cut or tie off thread.
- You will need it to finish off the heart after it is stuffed.
- Remove all the straight pins that were securing your fabric for this help Make Kids Valentines Crafts.
- Very carefully, turn your stitched heart outside in, through the opening.
- Now your fabric should be right side out and should resemble an almost completed heart.
- Using your fingers inside the heart, gently make sure that all the fabric is pushed out where it should be.
- Secure your needle out of the way be poking it through the outer edge of the heart, away from the opening.
- Using small pieces of cotton batting, gently stuff your heart pillow until all areas are full and pillow is firm to the touch.
- To stitch the opening, fold the two seams of the opening of the fabric in to match the rest of the heart.
- Stitch the opening closed.
- As a finishing touch, use a long piece of colorful ribbon and tie into a bow.
- Hand stitch on to the front of the heart and trim the bow ends to desired length.
Back from Help Make Kids Valentines Crafts to Valentines Day Crafts
Back from Help Make Kids Valentines Crafts to New Kids Crafts Homepage