Halloween Handmade Crafts
Looking for Halloween handmade crafts? Look no further. Make these ghost pins, spooky halloween spider, ghost necklace and paper plate bat. Have fun.
Making this ghost pin craft is so easy, you'll want to make plenty of extras to hand out to your friends! They make a really fun party favor as well. Enjoy these Halloween and cute crafts today.
- Red and blue craft pens or Sharpie markers (optional)
- Black craft pen or Sharpie marker
- 1 white craft foam sheet
- Small wiggle eyes, 2 for each pin
- Pin backs, 1 for each pin
- Pair of scissors
- Hot glue or white craft glue
1. Use white craft foam to cut out ghost shapes
2. Now is your opportunity to be creative! Use a black pen and decorate faces on ghost shapes. Look at pictures to get ideas but feel free to draw your own.
3. Use the black pen to draw eyes or if you feel like it simply glue on wiggle eyes with glue.
4. Continue using a black pen to draw on eyebrows. Continue using different coloured pens to decorate the ghost adding bowties, mouths, ties, hair etc.
5. Use hot glue gun or white craft glue to attach pins backs. If you use white glue do allow an hour or so for it to dry completely.
- To make the pins a little more creative use small cloth bowties and an assortment of tiny flowers to make your ghosts more interesting to look at.
- I have discovered that foam sheets are less expensive and endure much longer than card stock and are not as easily destroyed.
- Purchase pin backs in packets at discount or craft stores
Halloween Handmade Crafts - Ghost Necklace
- A small paper clip
- Elmer's glue ( This glue takes a few days to turn clear)
- Googly eyes
- Wax paper
- Draw a ghost shape using the glue on the wax paper.
- Straighten the paper clip and then bend it carefully into a V.
- Attach the ends of the V at the top of the ghost’s head with glue.
- Glue googly eyes onto ghost’s head securely.
- NB The glue takes a few days to turn completely clear.
- When the ghost is completely dry, peel off the wax sheet, then pass the thread through the paper clip to make it into a necklace.
Now enjoy wearing this decorative ghost necklace.
Halloween Handmade Crafts - Spooky Halloween Spider
- Red buttons
- 4 black pipe cleaners
- Black wool/yarn
- Cardboard square 3” x 2”
1. Make to body of the spider by winding black wool/ yarn around the square piece of 3” x 2” cardboard until it is covered very well covered. (About 5 layers of wool/yarn) The more layers of wool the fluffier the spooky Halloween spider will look.
2. Tie a piece of wool/yarn around the cardboard and the wool/yarn and tie the wool tightly. Remove the cardboard. This forms the body of the spider.
3. Push in the four pipe cleaners between the fluffy ball of wool so that the legs come out on either side of the body to form the 8 legs.
4. Bend each of the pipe cleaners to form the knee in the spider legs.
5. To make the eyes of the spider glue on the 2 red buttons.
6.Hang the spider in a doorway or area where people will tend to hit their heads against it. So that it is not noticeable suspend it using fishing line which is transparent and not easily seen.
Halloween Handmade Crafts - Paper Plate Bat
- Black construction paper
- Small white paper plate
- White correction fluid or chalk
- Black paint
- Thick paint brush
- Piece of fishing line.
- Take the small paper plate and paint it with the black paint. I suggest you use 2-3 layers of paint drying each layer well before the next application.
- Cut six triangular shapes (3 for each wing).
- For each wing: Arrange them flat and glue the two top corners of two triangles to the third triangle.
- Glue the wings to the back of the painted paper plate.
- Draw a face on the plate with white correction fluid, chalk or white pen.
- To hang the paper plate bat, punch a hole at the top of plate and suspend bat using fishing line.
Halloween Handmade Crafts - Halloween Pins
- Candy corn (plastic or real)
- Hot glue gun and glue stick
- Black and orange ribbon
- Brooch pin
- Black and orange marker
- 1 miniature broom
- Take the miniature broom and paint black and orange stripes on the handle using the marker pens. Place in area to dry well.
- Tie a bow using black and orange ribbon and attach with glue at the base of the broom stick just above the broom bit.
- Decorate broom base with candy corn (plastic or real)
- Lastly secure brooch pin to the back of the broom somewhere where it will not be visible. E.g. back of straw area of broom.
Enjoy giving all your guests Halloween pins.
Back from Halloween Handmade Crafts to Halloween Crafts
Back from Halloween Handmade Crafts to New Kids Crafts Homepage