Halloween Black Cat Crafts For Kids
Looking for Halloween black cat crafts for kids? These two crafts are a must. Are black cats bad luck? Not this one! Make this cute can to hold pens, crayons, school supplies, candy, popcorn, or whatever else you think is the cat's meow and a cute black cat nut cup for the smaller kids.
Black Cat Nut Cup (Adult Supervision is needed)
- 1" black pom-pom
- Moving eyes
- 5mm pink pom-pom for nose
- Black felt for ears
- Tiny basket or nut cup
- Black chenille stem
- White Heavy thread for whiskers
- Take the black chenille stem and cut two x three and a quarter inch pieces for legs.
- Also cut one x six inch piece for the back and tail.
- Now bend two small pieces for the legs into half circles.
- Under adult supervision use hot glue to attach front and back legs to tiny basket or nut cup so that they look like handles. Look at picture.
- To form the back and tail of the cat, wrap the long piece of chenille stem around the top of the legs.
- Use hot glue and glue on the black pom-pom for cat head.
- Cut small triangular ears from black and glue on both sides of head.
- Finally glue on eyes, whiskers and pink pom-pom nose.
Halloween Black Cat Crafts For Kids - Tin Can Black Cat
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
This Halloween black cat crafts for kids needs parental supervision
- Hot glue gun ( parental supervision needed)
- Felt: black, goldenrod, pink, gray, glittery black
- White craft glue
- Black acrylic paint
- Empty vegetable or fruit can
- Acrylic sealer spray
- Obtain a vegetable or empty fruit tin. Make sure tin spotlessly clean and dry.
- If there are any sharp edges at the opening, have an adult smooth those with a little sandpaper first.
- Using black acrylic paint, paint the outer side of the tin. Allow it to dry well.
- Once paint has dried, spray with acrylic sealer spray and allow sealer to dry very well before handling tin again.
- Cut out two semi-circular shaped eyes from the goldenrod felt.
- Cut two felt slits and two eyelids for eyes from black felt. See picture for shapes.
- Use the pink felt and cut out a nose like the one in the picture.
- Cut six whiskers from the gray felt about 4 inches long and very thin.
- Cut out two triangular ears from the black glitter felt. (See picture)
- Now line the inside of the can from the remaining black glitter felt.
- Apply glue to felt and stick to inside of tin. This is not easy so possible adult help will be needed. Allow to dry well.
- Cut from plain black felt, a strip the length of the felt about 2.5” wide.
- Once tin dry glue on eyes, slits, eye lids and nose to the front of the can.
- Whiskers are next to be stuck on; 3 on each side next to the nose.
- Triangular ears can be glued to the inside front of the can.
- Roll a black strip of black felt into a tail and secure using the hot glue gun starting at the back of the can, come around to the front.
Tips for this Halloween Black Cat Crafts For Kids
- Modify this project for any color cat by simply changing the felt color.
- Another great idea is to fill a plastic bag with sweets, or fruit, nuts etc and then place the bag in the cat can. This is a lovely gift idea.
- Another fun idea is to fill cat can with picnic plastic forks and napkins for a festive table decoration.
Back from Halloween Black Cat Crafts For Kids to Halloween Crafts
Back from Halloween Black Cat Crafts For Kids to New Kids Crafts Homepage