Free Crafts For Kids Valentines
These free crafts for kids Valentines ideas are fun and easy to make. My daughter loves to make the heart glasses. Make pencil toppers, heart glasses, key chain and loads more
- Craft foam
- Permanent markers
- Pipe cleaner
- Cut a 1- to 2-inch heart from craft foam.
- With a permanent marker, print a short message on the front and the name of the giver on back.
- Now poke an inch of the pipe cleaner through the bottom of the heart, bend it down, and twist it back around the remaining length of pipe cleaner.
- Coil the pipe cleaner tightly around the pencil.
- Then gently pull up on the heart so that part of the coil bobs freely above the pencil, with several loops anchored around the eraser.
Heart Glasses - Free Crafts For Kids Valentines
- Craft foam
- Pipe cleaners
- Draw a heart on craft foam that's about 2 1/2 inches wide and 2 1/2 inches tall.
- Draw a second heart inside the first that's roughly 1 1/2 inches wide and 1 1/2 inches tall.
- Then trace around the see-through heart to make another just like it.
- Twist together 2 different-colored pipe cleaners, leaving about 1 inch untwisted at each end.
- Cut them in half with scissors (use old ones since pipe cleaners can dull the blades).
- Fold over the twisted ends and tuck in the sharp points so they aren't exposed, then bend those ends into curved earpieces.
- Poke the other end of one of the pipe cleaners through the outside edge of one heart, about two thirds of the way up the side.
- Twist it around the other pipe cleaner, then wrap the ends back around the heart and tuck in the sharp tips.
- Repeat with the other pipe cleaner arm.
- Add a nose bridge by poking a 3-inch section of pipe cleaner through the inside edge of each heart and twisting it back onto itself.
- The hearts should sit about 1/2 inch apart.
- Make a case for the glasses by sealing a #10 business envelope and trimming about 3 inches from one end, rounding the corners.
- Write a message on a paper heart and glue it to the envelope.
Key Chain - Free Crafts For Kids Valentines
- Red and pink mold-and-bake clay, such as Sculpey III
- Rolling pin
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter or small knife
- Craft glue
- Aluminum foil
- Index card
- Clear Con-Tact paper
- Hole punch
- Metal key ring
- Small metal slip rings (available at craft stores)
- Floral wire
- Permanent marker
- Partially blend red and pink clay to create a swirled effect.
- Roll the mixture out to about 1/8-inch thickness.
- Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter (or a small knife; a parent's job) to cut the clay into a heart.
- Make a small hole about 1/4 inch from the top with the point of a pencil.
- Follow the package directions for baking the clay, then set it aside.
- Glue aluminum foil to both sides of an index card or piece of cardboard.
- Then draw an oversize key on the foil and cut it out.
- Cover with clear Con-Tact paper, trim the edges, and punch a hole in the top of the key.
- Attach both small rings to the big key ring.
- Connect the clay heart to the other small ring with a loop of floral wire.
- Write a message (such as "The Key to My Heart") on the key with the marker.
Back from Free Crafts For Kids Valentines to Valentines Day Crafts
Back from Free Crafts For Kids Valentines to New Kids Crafts Homepage