Fathers Day Crafts For Children
Here are great Fathers Day Crafts For Children. A bird feeder or a bottle filled with nuts in shells or wrapped candies are grist presents. Make your dad's birthday special by giving him a home made gift. These crafts could also be a Father's Day or Christmas gift.
- Empty milk or juice carton
- Pair of scissors
- Strong tape
- Wild bird seed
- Cut away a window on each side of the carton leaving space at the base to hold the bird seed.
- Choose a color that will blend in with the surroundings and paint the bird feeder.
- When it is dry, attach a piece of strong tape in a loop to the top of the bird feeder and thread a piece of string through it.
- Put a handful of bird seed in a plastic bag and wrap these up together.
- Remind your dad to hang the bird feeder in a place, safe from the reach of cats.
Bottled Nuts Or Candy - Fathers Day Crafts For Children
Children from age 4 (with help) to age 12 can make this craft. Make one for Dad,Mom, Grandma or Grandpa! Fill it with candy kisses and draw hearts all over the label. They should wear old clothes in case paint gets on them.
- 1 clean, glass or clear plastic jar, fairly large, like a pickle jar, with a lid.
- Shelled nuts or wrapped candies, enough to fill the jar, plus 20 or so for the top.
- Gold spray paint (or Dad's favorite color)
- A large plastic trash bag (30 gallon or larger)
- 1 empty soda pop can
- Dad's favorite color construction paper
- Crayons or a dark felt pen
- Pair of scissors
- White glue or rubber cement
- 4 rocks to hold the trash bag on the ground
Be sure the jar and lid are clean and dry. If you can soak the label off, great! If not, it will be covered anyway.
- Glue one layer of nuts or wrapped candies to the lid of the jar with white glue. (It dries clear so it won't show.)
- Glue a second layer of nuts or candies to the lid and let dry.
- Use fewer nuts this time.
- Glue a third layer of nuts or candies to the lid and let dry overnight.
- Spread the trash bag on the ground, outdoors.
- Put rocks on the corners to hold it down.
- Put the lid on it, in the middle, on top of the soda pop can to raise it off the ground.
- Paint the entire lid, including the nuts, with the spray paint.
- Fill the jar with the nuts or candies.
- Make a label for the jar that says "Dad" by cutting a piece of construction paper big enough to cover the label already on the jar.
- Write Dad on the construction paper label.
- Draw cute pictures on the label for this Fathers Day Crafts For Children.
- Glue the new label over the old one.
- When the lid is completely dry, put it on the jar of nuts.
- Give it to Dad for his birthday and say, "Dad, I'm nuts about you." or "Dad, I'm sweet on you."
Return from Fathers Day Crafts For Children to Fathers Day Crafts
Return from Fathers Day Crafts For Children to New Kids Crafts Homepage