Easy Valentines Day Crafts Kids
Here you will find a wide selection of easy Valentines Day crafts kids. They are fun and easy to make. Why not try your hand at beaded hearts, a heart book, Cupid Guys and a necklace to name but a few. Come take a look.
- 20-gauge wire
- Snip a length of wire (a parent's job) and bend it into a V shape.
- String on the beads (tape the wire's cut ends first to protect smaller children).
- Finish by bending the beaded wire into a heart, then twisting the ends together with the pliers.
- Large hearts can hang in a locker; small versions look great strung onto a necklace, pinned to a jacket pocket, or worn, as best friends are wont to do, right on their sleeves.
- Red paper
- White paper
- Tapestry needle
- Cut out a red paper heart (ours is about 6 inches across).
- Trace and cut out 10 to 20 more from white paper.
- Stack up the hearts in bunches of five, folding each bunch down the middle.
- Using a tapestry needle, poke holes every 1/2 inch down the center folds (young kids will need Dad's help with this step).
- Stack the hearts together with the cover on top.
- Thread the needle with yarn, knot one end, then sew it through the holes, knotting it at the other end.
- Decorate the cover and seal with a kiss.
Necklace - Easy Valentines Day Crafts Kids
- Plastic wrap
- Individually wrapped candies
- Begin by laying out three feet of plastic wrap, cutting it in half lengthwise.
- Place candies or groups of candies every three inches.
- Roll the plastic over and tie bows between each candy using six-inch strips of ribbon.
- Tie the two ends of the plastic wrap together and cover the knot with another ribbon.
- Card stock
- Hole punch
- Pixy Stix
- Cut a heart from card stock (ours are 3 1/2 inches wide and 3 1/2 inches tall).
- Punch 2 holes in the heart, one toward the upper right and one toward the lower left.
- Use markers to add a message.
- Insert a Pixy Stix through one of the holes.
- Gently bend the card and slide the candy out through the other hole.
- To make the arrow, sandwich 2 heart-shaped stickers (we got ours from Oriental Trading Company) over each end of the Pixy Stix.
Cupid Guys - Easy Valentines Day Crafts Kids
- 2 sticks of gum (in their wrappers)
- Double-sided tape
- Pipe cleaner
- Colored card stock
- Glue stick
- Aluminum foil or colored paper
- Googly eyes and mini stickers
- Colored markers (optional)
- Cover one side of a wrapped stick of gum with double-sided tape.
- Cut a pipe cleaner in half and place the pieces atop the gum stick, centered horizontally, one for the cupid's arms and the other for his legs.
- Stack the second gum stick on top and gently press down to stick all the pieces together.
- Then bend the pipe cleaner limbs into interesting poses.
- Now cut a heart-shaped face from card stock and glue on foil or paper hair.
- Attach googly eyes and a mini sticker mouth (or simply use markers to draw on facial features).
- Glue or tape the face to the body.
- Then dress up your Gum Guy with sticker buttons and bow ties, as much as you wish.
- For a finishing touch, on a small piece of paper, print a Valentine's message, such as "Stick with me," to pop in his hand.
Back from Easy Valentines Day Crafts Kids to Valentines Day Crafts
Back from Easy Valentines Day Crafts Kids to New Kids Crafts Homepage