Easter Crafts Childrens Church
Looking for Easter crafts childrens church...look no further. This craft is easy and fun to do for children ages 5-8. Once the craft is made you can then play the Duck and Bunny game.
The Duck, Bunny Craft And Game
The picture includes the template and both sides of the craft. When you make it, the craft should be two-sided, one side will have the duck and the other, the bunny. While the children make this craft, some church members hide Easter eggs outdoors for an Easter egg hunt.
The Poem Goes Like This:
"My little yellow duck is really quite funny.
When you turn him over, he's an Easter bunny.
My little white bunny brings Easter candy.
When you turn him over, the chick is dandy."
Say the poem a few times before making the craft and again afterwards. After making the craft, take the children outside and play a variation on the Duck, Duck, Goose Game, called Duck, Duck, Bunny.
The children sit in a circle on the grass (or on small chairs if it's cold) and one child goes around the circle, touching each child on the head, saying, "Duck, duck,duck, duck..." When he/she says, "Bunny," the child touched chases the toucher and tries to catch him/her.
If the toucher makes it around the circle to the vacated space, he/she is safe. If the chaser catches the toucher, the toucher must go into the "mushpot," the center of the circle. He/she stays there while the chaser becomes the toucher and goes around the circle.
- The duck/bunny template on white paper
- Pair of scissors
- Demonstrate the craft for the children, explaining it as you do so. Then they can do it on their own.
- Color one side of the template yellow. Add an orange beak, a wing, and an eye.
- Turn the template over and rotate it so the "beak" becomes the bunny's ear.
- Add an eye, a pink ear and nose, whiskers, a mouth, a foot, and a fluffy tail.
- Say the poem and play the game.
- Before Easter Sunday, put Easter "grass" into shoe boxes and add chocolate bars and jelly beans for the children.
- After the Easter egg hunt, they put their colorful eggs into the boxes.
- Add their chick/bunny and a Jesus bookmark to the boxes to make everything easy to carry home. It's a wonderful Easter celebration!
Enjoy making this Easter Crafts Childrens Church.
Return from Easter Crafts Childrens Church to Easter Crafts
Return from Easter Crafts Childrens Church to New Kids Crafts Homepage