Centerpiece Christmas Craft for Kids
These centerpiece christmas craft for kids ideas are a must. Decorating is one of the best things about the holiday season. If you are looking for a fun centerpiece Christmas craft for kids to get them involved, then try this one out for size. It will require a little bit of time and parental help, so spend the time together making memories.
- FloraCraft's 'The Stak Tree'
- White string of miniature Christmas white/clear tree lights (50 light count)
- White garland
- Gumdrops on a string (or other decorative string)
- Miniature ornaments (flat sided ornaments are easy to glue on)
- Star for the top of the tree (we glued 2 stars together ONLY at the peak)
- 2" wide gathered lace
- Clear strapping or packing tape
- Hot glue gun
- Stuffing, if desired )
- Remove the "tree" from the box.
- Set aside the 2 top pieces from the tree if your lights have a plug at both ends.
- Set aside the square piece as well. You will not be using it.
- Assemble your tree according to the directions on the box.
- Take a strip of packing tape and double over (sticky side out).
- Place near the top of the tree.
- Insert your 'beginning' string of lights (the plug) down inside the top of the tree.
- Anchor the string of lights using the packing tape you have applied.
- Adjust the string so the first light is at the top of the tree.
- Begin winding the string of lights around the tree.
- Use packing tape between every 4 lights or so to hold the string of lights in place.
- Use hot glue to adhere the white garland to the tree.
- Start at the top and wind around the tree to the base.
- Adult Supervision is required for this task.
- Use hot glue to adhere the gumdrops string to the tree.
- This only needs to be anchored occasionally and does not need very much glue.
- Attach the ornaments around the tree using hot glue.
- Draw a circle around the base of the tree onto the cardboard using the pen.
- Cut out the cardboard circle.
- Hot glue (watch your fingers!) the lace around the outside edge of the cardboard.
- Optional: Stuff the interior of the tree to give it more stability over the years.
- Run hot glue around the top of the lace that is attached to the cardboard.
- Sit the tree on top of the cardboard.
- Make sure it sits firmly and straight. Add a star to the top of the tree over the top light.
Back from Centerpiece Christmas Craft for Kids to Christmas Crafts
Back from Centerpiece Christmas Craft for Kids to New Kids Crafts Homepage