Benjamin Franklin Kite Preschool Craft
These Benjamin Franklin kite preschool craft is a great education tool for young growing minds.Not only are they fun and easy to make, but they will give you a segway to teach about electricity! What could be better? Encourage your child to read up on the story of Benjamin Franklin and then discuss together why he was important to our history. You can also read about the different types of kites available for a bit of an art lesson.
- Paper plate
- Two plastic spoons
- Rubber band
- Cut the plate in half, then cut one half into three equal wedges.
- Tape one wedge to the bottom of the intact half.
- Draw the bird's face on one spoon with the markers.
- Then sandwich the pebble between the two spoon bowls and bind them with the rubber band.
- Tape the spoons to the bottom of the paper plate half.
Benjamin Franklin Kite Preschool Craft 2 - Kite Mobile
- Wire Hanger
- Construction Paper
- Paint, Crayons, or Markers
- Cut 6 diamond shapes out of colorful construction paper; make them about 5 inches tall and about 3 inches wide.
- Make fancy designs on these using crayons, markers, or paint.
- Cut 6 inch pieces of yarn and tape or staple to the kite shapes to make the tails.
- Cut 4 small bow shapes from construction paper for each kite tail and use staples or tape to attach them to the tails.
- To attach your kites to the hanger, cut 6 pieces of yarn of various lengths (make them a little longer than you want them, to give you extra room for tying.)
- Tape or staple one side of the yarn to each kite shape, and tie the other end of the yarn to the bottom edge of the hanger.
- Try to space your kites evenly apart.
Benjamin Franklin Kite Preschool Craft 3 -Paper Kite
- Sheet of copier paper
- Sewing thread
- Hole punch
- Fold the sheet of paper in half...
- Mark two points, A and B on the folded edge of the paper.
- Point "A" should be 2 1/2 inches from the end, and point "B", 2 1/2 inches.
- Fold the top corners of the page to point A and staple them in place.
- Punch a hole at point B and attach you flying thread.
Return from Benjamin Franklin kite preschool craft to Preschool Crafts
Return from Benjamin Franklin kite preschool craft to New Kids Crafts Homepage