Arts Christmas Craft Idea Kid
Looking for an arts Christmas craft idea kid? Look no further. Come and see how to make an stained glass window, Christmas card or teddy trimmings and baubles for your Christmas tree.
- Plastic moulds
- Plaster of Paris
- Mixing bowl and spoon
- Paper clips
- Acrylic paint
- Varnish, oil based or quick -
drying lacquer spray
- Mix plaster of Paris with a little water to form a smooth, dripping paste.
- Allow plaster to soak for 2-3 minutes, adding more water when it thickens.
- Spoon into the mould, tapping gently to remove air bubbles.
- Fill until flush with flat surface.
- Insert paper clips three quarters of the way in, at an angle.
- Leave for about 2 days to dry.
- Gently release by lightly tapping the back of the mould.
- Handle carefully as they will be very brittle.
- Leave them on a cake stand to dry thoroughly and harden.
- Smooth any rough edges with sandpaper.
- Paint the front and the back, as it will show when the decorations hang from the tree.
- Allow to dry and seal with 2-3 coats of varnish to protect and strengthen them.
- Thread gold cord or ribbon through the paper clip for hanging.
Arts Christmas Craft Idea Kid 2 - Christmas Baubles
- Ping pong balls
- Darning needle
- Plaka paint in colors of your choice
- Paint brushes
- Adhesive stars
- Other decorations of your choice
- 3mm wide ribbon or cord
With darning needle, pierce through centers of balls, making a hole at the top and bottom.
- Thread cord or ribbon through both holes, making a loop at one end and knotting the other end.
Arts Christmas Craft Idea Kid 3 - Christmas Card
- Piece of cardboard or stiff paper
- Paper doily
- Plain paper or gummed paper
- Pair of scissors
- Felt pens
- Fold cardboard or stiff paper in half.
- Fold doily in half, then fold in sides.
- Using plain paper, cut out a circle for the head and two wing shapes.
- Glue on head, wings, doily ( for the angel's dress)
- Draw and color in features, dress etc.
- Put glue down the center panel of the "dress". On the wings and above the head to form a halo.
- Sprinkle glitter on these areas and shake off surplus.
Stained Glass Windows
- Sheet of black paper
- Different colored tissue paper
- Pair of scissors
- Draw a simple shape (eg.Christmas tree, candle, holly) leaving a division between each section.
- Carefully cut out each shape.
- Select required tissue paper and stick behind the shape.
- When complete, stick onto a window for the best effect.
Back from Arts Christmas Craft Idea Kid to Christmas Crafts
Back from Arts Christmas Craft Idea Kid to New Kids Crafts Homepage